Booking Terms & Conditions
1. A wedding contract is issued, once the booking deposit of €2000.00 is received (Non-refundable). This deposit secures your preferred date. 50% of the anticipated remaining bill is payable 60 days prior to the Wedding Date, with the Final Account (after adjustments) to be settled on the day of the Reception. All accounts must be settled on departure.
2. In the event of a change of date, a further deposit is required in order to secure the new date.
The original deposit will be refunded, if the first date has been re-booked. All cancellations must be
in writing and all deposits are non-refundable (subject to re-sale). If cancellation is received after confirmation of numbers and final payment the Management reserves the right to retain all money paid.
3. A complimentary bedroom will be given to the Bride & Groom for their wedding night, subject to
50 guests or more attending the reception dinner.
4. A maximum of eight bedrooms may be reserved, subject to availability, at the reduced rate for Wedding guests. A booking deposit of €85.00 will be required in order to guarantee each room. Bedrooms will not be guaranteed until the booking deposit is received. Please inform your guests
that check-in time for accommodation is from 3.00pm, and check-out time is 12 Noon.
5. Prices quoted include all taxes. Service charge is at your own discretion. All prices quoted may
vary depending on increases in food or labour costs, taxes, or any other unforeseen circumstances.
6. No food (other than the Wedding Cake) or beverages may be brought into the Hotel for consumption on the premises.
7. Due to the Health Risk associated with consuming raw eggs we respectfully suggest that all wedding couples should ensure that when they are engaging somebody to make their wedding cake that they use only pasteurised eggs to ensure that there is no risk from non-pasteurised eggs. The Hotel will not accept responsibility or liability for any food items that are not produced on the premises.
8. Live and/or recorded music must be finished by 1.30 a.m. The hotel reserves the right to close the bar and terminate the music prior to the stated times – if the situation demands it.
9. The Hotel may cancel the event in the following circumstances – Where it has reason to believe the booking might prejudice the reputation of the Hotel or should any guests attending the event behave
in any way considered to be detrimental, offensive or contrary to normal expected standards of behaviour.
10. The wedding reception menu & wine choices must be agreed and signed off by both parties at
least 8 weeks before the wedding date.
11. In order for us to provide you with our high standard of service, the pre-arranged times must be adhered to i.e. agreed ‘time of arrival’, ‘drinks reception’ and ‘dinner sit-down time’. To ensure the quality of service we insist that speeches commence only after dessert is served.
12. A fee will be charged on Chair Covers supplied by the Hotel for your Wedding Reception. The fee
is based on the number of chair covers supplied ie less than or equal to 80 Covers = €50, less than or equal to 120 Covers = €75, less than or equal to 160 Covers = €95
13. Final numbers must be submitted 48 hours in advance of the reception. The final invoice will be based on these numbers in the event of a reduction in numbers on the day of the wedding.
The invoice will be adjusted accordingly, if there is an increase in the number of guests.
14. Photographs of wedding couples can be taken in our Abbey, the Rose Garden, the Tapestry
Gallery and the River Room when available. The hotel’s library & Ffrench Room are not available for photographs.
15. Residents Bar Rule – The residents bar will be closed at the night manager’s discretion.
Abusive behaviour towards personnel and property will not be tolerated.
16. We insist on a table plan for every wedding regardless of size as this will insure the smooth running of your wedding dinner.
17. If you intend on getting your own place names, menus and table plans done by a designer/printer, we insist that the place names are done individually and not as couples such as Mr. & Mrs. Jones for example.
18. Although all reasonable care will be taken, Glenlo Abbey Hotel cannot accept any responsibility for property lost or damaged prior to, during or after the function. The client will be financially responsible for any loss or damage sustained to the property during their function.
19. Due to any unforeseen circumstances or accidents, the venue reserves the right to cancel any booking and refund any deposit at any time.
20. While wedding guests may be paying for their own rooms, ultimate responsibility rests with the wedding party to ensure that all room accounts are paid on departure and to pay any differences which could occur. The full account must be settled on the day after the wedding.
21. We do not take responsibility for the entertainment or equipment required by entertainers.
The hotel however must be informed of and approve any entertainment. All entertainment must
end at 1.30am.
22. We do not accept responsibility for any gifts or cards given to the Hotel. Please direct to
a nominated person of your party and note that safes are provided in all guest bedrooms.
23. There is a minimum spend of €55.00 per person on the wedding meal.
24. Other Terms & Conditions Apply in print format.